Orion renders services related to TV-channel signal “ground” delivery “from and to” any destination points and in any formats.
Implementing ground delivery with Orion, our clients optimize own resources, as far as they incur neither capital, nor operating costs for communication links management and operation. Due to «ground» signal transmission, TV-channels are capable to address the following tasks:
We proudly state that we do our business with media-market leaders Russia-wide and worldwide and with small TV-channels.
Learn about working with us in the Projects section.
«Ground signal delivery will be of interest for TV-channels ordering playout, uploading, signal localization and/or reception services»
Alexey Rubakov, Director of Telecommunications Services
To render the service, delivery parameters – the signal type and destination point - are agreed.
Transmitted or received signal or data type
Orion transmits and delivers the following signal, data types:
- TV-channel stream (SDI, DVB-ASI, Ethernet L2, IP inclusive of with Pro-MPEG FEC cop#3, internet: RTMP, HLS or with assured delivery services, etc.)
- Live stream (online playout) with or without graphic design
- Data stream of the single PIDa-type (tags, teletexts, HBB TV, captions, etc.)
- Files (commercials, playout record, police low resolution record, play-lists, graphic design, etc.)
Signal destination point
Orion delivers the signal to:
- Internet exchange points (М9*, first and foremost, where the signal is forwarded to the operator presenting at this node
- Cable, OTT or satellite operator points of presence
- TV-channel studio
* М9 (MMTS-9) – the largest internet exchange point in Russia. Located at: 7, Butlerova St., Moscow
Complete backup of both ground and satellite systems. Two satellite crafts in 85° E-orbital position on the own platform ensure emergency backup.
Sony, Viasat use Orion’s ground delivery services.
Orion designed and operates the satellite and ground infrastructure allowing for TV-channel delivery to any destination points in all admissible formats.